Sunday, March 15, 2009

Introduction!


My name is Tara Gzehoviak and I am 25 years old. I currently teach Spanish II at Millard North High School, and this is my second year there. I attended high school at Millard West and graduated from the University of Nebraska at Lincoln with a bachelors degree in secondary education, with an emphasis in both Spanish and ESL. Right now I am engaged and spending a lot of time planning the wedding. The date is June 27th, and it is quickly approaching! This has been a really exciting time for me, but I can't wait for the wedding to get here so that we can be done with it! :)

As far as technology goes, I am pretty good with it! I use technology everyday for work and for my personal life. From cell phones, to cameras, to computers....I have always been interested in using technology! At work I am usually the person that the older staff members of my department go to for computer help. :) I am definitely a PC person, but only because that is really all I've ever had. I think MACs are awesome and someday would like to buy an iBook. The programs that Mac's have to offer are amazing. In the classroom I use my computer a lot to create powerpoints, and to do different activities by projecting them on to the projector screen. I rarely take my students to the computer lab because I have yet to find a really meaningful activity for them to do. Plus, our lab is always booked way in advance! I just switched over to Microsoft Office 2007 last week. It was a change that I was very hesitant to make. I haven't really even had a chance to play around with it yet.

I am now furthering my education with the goal of completing my masters by 2009 at Peru State College. I decided to take the plunge and get started with my masters right away, because I felt that I would really benefit from the courses I would be taking, and it will also help out financially. Currently, since I am only in my second year of teaching, I don't really have any plans as for what I want to do with my Masters. First thing's first. I am enjoying being a student again and learning a ton of helpful new information.

3 comments:

  1. Tara, as one of the "older" staff members, I am envious of how much you use your computer to teach. I have always wanted to have lessons on Power Point that I could use to teach my students, but have never known how to organize them. I am a planner, but it seems that I would really need to work on what I wanted to say in advanced to my students instead of winging it when I get in front of them. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara,
    It sounds like you use quite a bit of technology with your students on an everyday basis. I'm sure they enjoy it! I have yet to transition to Office 2007 but I've heard that it is vastly different from the 2003 version. As much as I like new technology, I'm not much of a person for change! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband converted me to become a Mac user...and I haven't turned back since! I have an iBook and I absolutely love it. It was a little scary at first, but it was so easy to get use to. Take the plunge, it will be so worth it!

    ReplyDelete